db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Conglomerate could not be created"?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 07:34:42 GMT
On 04/06/2012 19:57, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 6/4/2012 9:29 AM, John English wrote:
>> I'm on 10.8, and I only have about a dozen matching rows at the
>> moment. No stack trace that goes further than my own code; all I have
>> is stuff like this:
> Check the derby.log for the error and full stack trace. If the derby.log
> doesn't show the error, try setting derby.infolog.append=true in the
> derby.properties or system property temporarily, so you don't lose the
> log when the database reboots.

The problem was that the original exception info was being masked by my
rethrowing it with the parameter information. Full version info from the
log: Apache Derby - 10.8.1.2 - (1095077)

Here's an example of a failed query and parameters:

INSERT INTO resource_usage (resid,itemid,itemtype) (SELECT resid,?,?
FROM resource_usage WHERE itemid=? AND itemtype=? AND resid NOT IN
(SELECT resid FROM resource_usage WHERE itemid=? AND itemtype=?))
Query parameters: 1='24' 2='final' 3='18' 4='temp' 5='24' 6='final'):

Here's the resulting stack trace from the point just before I rethrow:

java.sql.SQLException: Conglomerate could not be created.
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)
   at utils.DataManager.dbInsert(DataManager.java:1056)
   at actions.EditAction.copyResources(EditAction.java:1638)
   at actions.EditAction.doRelease(EditAction.java:1171)
   at actions.EditAction.processUpdates(EditAction.java:537)
   at servlets.BaseServlet.doGet(BaseServlet.java:190)
   at servlets.BaseServlet.doPost(BaseServlet.java:304)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
   [... snip ...]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Conglomerate could not be created.
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
   ... 45 more
Caused by: ERROR XSCH4: Conglomerate could not be created.
   at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.Heap.create(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapConglomerateFactory.createConglomerate(Unknown

Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.createConglomerate(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.TemporaryRowHolderImpl.insert(Unknown
Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.normalInsertCore(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
   at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown
Source)
   at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
   ... 39 more

--
  John English