db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John English <john.fore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Conglomerate could not be created"?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:21:10 GMT
On 01/06/2012 16:36, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> John English<checkpoint.je@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> I'm having trouble with the following error: "Conglomerate could not be
>> created". It happens when I do this:
>>
>>    INSERT INTO resource_usage (resid,itemid,itemtype)
>>      (SELECT resid,?,? FROM resource_usage
>>       WHERE itemid=?
>>       AND   itemtype=?
>>       AND   NOT EXISTS (SELECT resid FROM resource_usage
>>                         WHERE itemid=? AND itemtype=?));
> I think Derby doesn't allow untyped parameters in the select list. For
> example, this fails:
>
> ij>  prepare ps as 'select ? from sysibm.sysdummy1';
> ERROR 42X34: There is a ? parameter in the select list.  This is not allowed.
>
> Whereas this works:
>
> ij>  prepare ps as 'select cast(? as int) from sysibm.sysdummy1';
> ij>  execute ps using 'values 1';
> 1
> -----------
> 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that isn't the solution. I
tried what you said and got the same error. I also turned on statement
logging and both versions (with and without cast) compile, but they fail
when executed:

Begin compiling prepared statement: INSERT INTO resource_usage (resid,itemid,itemtype) (SELECT
resid,?,? FROM ...
End compiling prepared statement: INSERT INTO resource_usage (resid,itemid,itemtype) (SELECT
resid,?,? FROM ...
Executing prepared statement: INSERT INTO resource_usage (resid,itemid,itemtype) (SELECT resid,?,?
FROM ...

I also tried using a MessageFormat to sub the values into the query to
eliminate the first two parameters, and again got the same thing.

So I'm still thrashing around in search of a solution...
--
John English 	If we were to define a religion to be a system of thought
which contains unprovable statements, so it contains an element of