db-derby-user mailing list archives

From jaz1988 <88no...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing tables which have references to other tables
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 06:26:47 GMT

Hi,

I have a table, TABLE1 which has a column which is GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS
IDENTITY. I managed to export this table and import into an existing DB with
the same table. The import is able to adjust the IDENTITY column accordingly
with regards to the existing data in the table.

The problem is, I have another table, TABLE2 which has a foreign key that
referenced to the IDENTITY column in TABLE1. When the IDENTITY column in
TABLE1 is adjusted after import, the import of TABLE2 will fail since the
References is messed up already. Am I doing it right or is there other ways
to do import and exports of Tables with references.

Thank you!