I am aware that Derby has a limit of 1,012 columns for each table, but many users of my application (it is a program for statistical analysis) have very large files that go well beyond this number of columns. Does anyone know of a strategy for using multiple tables to present one large “virtual” table to end users? Is there a way to chain tables together to have an endless number of columns? Is this something that can be done through SQL statements? Any advice, examples or documentation on such a strategy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick