db-derby-user mailing list archives

From TXVanguard <brett.den...@lmco.com>
Subject Speed up single INSERT INTO statement?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 17:00:32 GMT

I need to speed up a single INSERT statement in Derby.

The statement has the form:

INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) SELECT a, b FROM ....

In my application, it take about 10 seconds to insert 3000 records.

I have experimented with turning off autocommit, adjusting
derby.storage.pageCacheSize and derby.storage.pageSize, turning off indexes
for the table, and a few other things, but nothing seems to affect the speed
of the INSERT.

Are there any other techniques I can try?  Would it be helpful to
temporarily turn off constraints for the table?