db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Meyer" <meyer...@gmail.com>
Subject limit on the number of columns
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 11:26:38 GMT
I am aware that Derby has a limit of 1,012 columns for each table, but many
users of my application (it is a program for statistical analysis) have very
large files that go well beyond this number of columns. Does anyone know of
a strategy for using multiple tables to present one large "virtual" table to
end users? Is there a way to chain tables together to have an endless number
of columns? Is this something that can be done through SQL statements? Any
advice, examples or documentation on such a strategy would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick