db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brett Wooldridge <brett.wooldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suitable test query for Derby?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:04:27 GMT
Alternatively, you can use a connection pool at supports the JDBC4
Connection.isValid()
method, such as the one included with Bitronix JTA.  Of course, you have to
use a
transaction manager in the case of Bitronix, but that's not a bad thing.
 In theory, the
JDBC4 isValid(), if implemented correctly by the driver, should be much
less expensive
than a test query (which still has to be parsed and executed).  Derby does
implement
the isValid() method.

Brett