db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject User authorisation
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 02:24:11 GMT
Hi all.

We are using a custom UserAuthenticator to integrate Derby into our
own user database.

At the moment, this custom UserAuthenticator is also doing the job of
tracking who can open which database. So of course when we deny
someone because they don't have access, the error message they get is
along the lines of "incorrect username or password".

Is there something like a UserAuthoriser which would be more
appropriate for this task?

I see that there is a lot of documentation about permissions in the
Derby documentation but all the docs I can find seem to tie into JVM
security, which we're deliberately not using for performance reasons.
We only want the coarsest level of security where we can control who
can connect to which database.

TX