db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: get SQLState from ij.runScript
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:38:08 GMT
On 4/12/12 2:56 AM, Anna Krajewska wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an elegant way in which I can get sqlState of the exception
> occured while running ij.runScript? I get an output which looks like
> command line history, the sqlState is present there but I can only get
> it by parsing the string (finding the word "ERROR", then adding 1 for
> the empty character and taking whatever is next as sqlState). And if
> there isn't - can I assume that the format of the message will always
> be like this (line starting with ERROR, whitespace, sqlstate, colon):
>
> ij>my derby instruction
> ERROR<SqlState>:
>
> ?
>
> I need that because there is no "create or replace view" in derby. I
> need to ignore X0Y32 error: object already exists,  when I run my
> scripts from java.
Hi Anna,

Sounds like you're running ij under your application and then parsing
the output. It might be simpler to just parse the sql script into
statements and run the statements yourself. To do this, you can use the
StatementReader class attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5690.

Hope this helps,
-Rick