db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Steele <programjste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS-Notification using Muse
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:00:27 GMT

John Steele wrote:

> I have several Java GUI applications running that use the same networked
> database, and I need to update/refresh the GUI when changes occur in the
> database.  I'm not using a fancy application server that provides built in
> functionality for this type of scenario, so I'm trying to wrap my brain
> around how to accomplish this.
>
> So far, I'm assuming I need to configure a trigger so that a web service
> notification occurs when a client updates/chnages the database. I've found
> mule Muse, and I would like to know if there's any examples/tutorials
> anyone can point me to?

I've decided to create a function that is called by a trigger, which sets a
modified flag column, then I will just poll this flag from the clients, and
refresh is needed. It's quick and easy. I could later make a more elegant
solution by creating a web service with clients could subscribe to.

John Steele