Hi, I have a Java based web UI with Derby database created and booted up using the embedded driver. It is all deployed to tomcat. When tomcat starts, the web app boots up derby db and starts writing records to it. This is all deployed on Unix environment. It mostly worked but lately I am getting the error below (abbreviated the stack trace). Using the ij tool, when I tried to access it after stopping tomcat, I get the same error. It looks like the db is getting corrupted. As far as I know derby is not getting booted up by any other process. If anyone has any ideas, please help. org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start database '/root/clientdb/DerbyDb', see the next exception for details.) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225) at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880) Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database'/root/clientdb/DerbyDb', see the next exception for details. at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.Scan.getNextRecordForward(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.Scan.getNextRecord(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.redo(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.recover(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)