db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't remove derby from memory
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 01:06:24 GMT
> room.  I have noticed that no matter what I do, the ~10MB of memory that is
> taken when the database connect is initiated is held no matter what commands

Certainly sounds like the database isn't getting fully shut down.

> dynamDS.setShutdownDatabase("shutdown");

It's not clear to me that this does anything by itself. The docs say:

     If set to the string "shutdown", this will cause the database to shutdown
     when a java.sql.Connection object is obtained from the data source. E.g.,
     If the data source is an XADataSource, a getXAConnection().getConnection()
     is necessary to cause the database to shutdown.

This sounds like you have to get a final connection (and then close it) after
setting ShutdownDatabase.

Did you try getting a connection after calling setShutdownDatabase?

thanks,

bryan