db-derby-user mailing list archives

From cruise27 <vsena...@gmail.com>
Subject Embedded derby fails to start
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:38:26 GMT

Hi,
I have a Java based web UI with Derby database created and booted up using
the embedded driver. It is all deployed to tomcat. When tomcat starts, the
web app boots up derby db and starts writing records to it. This is all
deployed on Unix environment. It mostly worked but lately I am getting the
error below (abbreviated the stack trace).

Using the ij tool, when I tried to access it after stopping tomcat, I get
the same error. It looks like the db is getting corrupted. As far as I know
derby is not getting booted up by any other process. If anyone has any
ideas, please help.

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start database
'/root/clientdb/DerbyDb', see the next exception for details.)
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start
database'/root/clientdb/DerbyDb', see the next exception for details.
 	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver40.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)

 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.Scan.getNextRecordForward(Unknown
Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.Scan.getNextRecord(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.redo(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.recover(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown Source)
 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)