db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matthew McCawley <mmccaw...@automatedlogic.com>
Subject Re: CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:48:19 GMT

Mike Matrigali wrote:

> I have reported DERBY-5624 to track this issue.  I think I understand
> the problem, but would feel much better with a reproducible test case
> I could run.  Feel free to add your information to DERBY-5624.

In our case, we just have a single table with about 5 million rows of
essentially junk data. I delete some portion of the data that's older than
some margin (half, single day's worth, etc.) and run compression.

I also tried another table that's about twice as big, but it required an 8
MB stack size. I've run out of heap space a few times as well, but I'm still
working on reproducing it.