db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matthew McCawley <mmccaw...@automatedlogic.com>
Subject Re: CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:36:51 GMT

I've run into the same issue as Adriano when running on a single, large table
about 1.4 GB in size. I enable autocommit before the compress statement and
disable it after. I have encountered the error when deleting portions of the
data as well as all of it. I also found that the compression would succeed
if I used a stack size of 2 MB and a maximum heap size of 1 GB (-Xss2048k
-Xmx1g). I'll be working with this more next week, so I'll see if anything
changes when working with a larger dataset.