db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Karl Weber <karl.webe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown DB does not work / threadding issue
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:25:27 GMT
Am Montag, 20. Februar 2012, 08:44:58 schrieb Kristian Waagan:
> When you say stops, do you mean the thread is blocking/hanging?
> If so, can you obtain a stack trace?

No, it seems to be terminated somehow before the shutdown operation can be
finished. When I put a Thread.sleep(250) after the new Thread(...).start(), it
works. When I make the time smaller, i.e. sleep(200), the shutdown is
incomplete again.

Hence, it does not seem to be a problem of derby, but of my application. But
anyway, I am surprised, I thought every thread will have a chance to finish
before the JVM terminates. I have no idea, why this is not the case.