db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Bortnovskiy <pbortnovs...@jefferies.com>
Subject RE: Shutting down in-memory Derby gracefully
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:01:29 GMT
Hello, Bryan:

Thank you for your prompt response. I will report it as per guidelines.

Would you be able to suggest anything that I could do in the meantime?
We have watchdog processes monitoring error files and when the error files get populated with
these messages, the watchdog raises all kinds of alarms.
This is more than just a nuisance, as it's causing havoc in some cases.

Thank you,
Pavel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton.derby@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:58 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Shutting down in-memory Derby gracefully

> While our application is shutting down, it is possible that some of
> its components may continue execution or even begin execution of the
> queries on the in-memory Derby DB. In such situation, Derby starts throwing all kinds
of exceptions, including a Null Pointer Exception (pls see excerpt from our log below).

That looks like a bug to me, and worthy of reporting to the Derby developers.

http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

thanks,

bryan

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of this email,
including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which
it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose
or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at
the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no liability
for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use by other than intended
recipients is prohibited. In the United Kingdom, Jefferies operates as Jefferies International
Limited; registered in England: no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames
Street, London EC4V 3BJ. Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority.