db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: DB2 9.7 Connection with Apache Derby - 10.5.3.1 on Windows 7 64-bit doesn’t work
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:41:33 GMT
On 26.01.2012 11:07, Moni567 wrote:
> [...]
>
> I used this
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0409kartha/
> description  to setup the connection between DB2 and Apache Derby. This
> Connection works with Apache Derby - 10.5.3.1 and DB2 9.5 on my other laptop
> with Windows XP.
> However, I tried to do the same on Windows 7 64-bit with DB2 9.7 and the
> same Apache Derby version and it doesn’t work.
>
> This is a copy of my derby.log content:
>
> 2012-01-25 19:01:33.014 GMT : Execution failed because of a Distributed
> Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2135; Error Code Value =
> e. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed because
> of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2135;
> Error Code Value = e. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled
> client?
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.missingCodePoint(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.checkRequired(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
> 2012-01-25 19:01:33.015 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_7,5,derby.daemons]
> (DATABASE = TESTDB), (DRDAID = {10}), Execution failed because of a
> Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2135; Error
> Code Value = e. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?
> 2012-01-25 19:01:33.015 GMT : Execution failed because of a Distributed
> Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2135; Error Code Value =
> e. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled client?
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException: Execution failed because
> of a Distributed Protocol Error:  DRDA_Proto_SYNTAXRM; CODPNT arg  = 2135;
> Error Code Value = e. Plaintext connection attempt from an SSL enabled
> client?
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.missingCodePoint(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.checkRequired(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseACCRDB(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseDRDAConnection(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi Moni,

I'm afraid the short answer is that the DB2 drivers and Apache Derby
aren't compatible any more (I don't remember when this broke, or when
testing against DB2 drivers were abandoned).
Other who have more experience with DB2 drivers may be able to provide
more input, but if you upgrade Derby the DB2 drivers are likely to stop
working altogheter. The same may be true if you upgrade DB2 too.

For the community it may be helpful to know for what purpose you are
using the DB2 drivers with Derby.

Regards,
--
Kristian