db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Shutting down in-memory Derby gracefully
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:09:52 GMT
On 1/13/2012 7:01 AM, Pavel Bortnovskiy wrote:
> Hello, Bryan:
> Thank you for your prompt response. I will report it as per guidelines.
> Would you be able to suggest anything that I could do in the meantime?
Hi Pavel, I don't have much experience with in-memory databases. Does it
help to connect with shutdown=true first or can one specify both
shutdown=true and drop=true?  Unfortunately, while it may alleviate
symptoms, I think that the shutdown connection returns before it is
completely shutdown.  I usually encourage people to put in a wait but
that might allow new connections to come in during the wait, but you
could have some simple synchronization code to disallow new connections
in your application if the shutdown is in process.

View raw message