db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Danny Gallagher <DGallag...@pathfire.com>
Subject RE: dash in a varchar column - effect on select statement
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:10:57 GMT
Actually yes, I am using a collation: TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY.   In this specific case would
be en_US

Which from my understanding and reading of the documentation should effect case, not the existence
or nonexistence of characters.

Thanks,

Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hillegas@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 11:11 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: dash in a varchar column - effect on select statement

On 12/6/11 7:45 AM, Danny Gallagher wrote:

> SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE NAME = 'LKFSASP'

Hi Danny,

I can't reproduce this problem (see the script below, which runs correctly for me). Are you
using a special collation in this database?

connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';

create table t( a varchar( 50 ) );
insert into t( a ) values ( 'LKFS-ASP' );

-- no results
select * from t where a = 'LKFSASP';

insert into t( a ) values ( 'LKFSASP' );

-- returns 1 row
select * from t where a = 'LKFSASP';

Thanks,
-Rick