db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Unable to connect to Derby 10.8.2.2 with IBM DB2 v 9.7 Data Client
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 00:04:23 GMT
Derby does not support connecting to it using any client other than the
client supplied by the project.  There are a number of derby specific
extensions made that are employed between the client and server and
generic db2 client code should not be used.

I don't know of a PHP solution for Derby, thought you might look around
to see if anyone provides a generic PHP to jdbc piece that could then
be used to talk standard jdbc to Derby.

Even in the older versions one might be able to connect only to run into
other problems later.

/mikem