db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: dash in a varchar column - effect on select statement
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:17:47 GMT
Hi Danny,

I can reproduce your results if I create the database with
collation=TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY. I am not an expert on the behavior of
this collation. However, I see that this issue came up last year on
derby-user in this thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.user/12851

Hope this helps,
-Rick

On 12/6/11 9:10 AM, Danny Gallagher wrote:
> Actually yes, I am using a collation: TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY.   In this specific case
would be en_US

> Which from my understanding and reading of the documentation should effect case, not
the existence or nonexistence of characters.

> Thanks,
>
> Danny

you using a special collation in this database?