db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mane_uk <mane...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error on CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:52:43 GMT

Hi all,

   Once again thanks for the help. I managed to finally upload it using the
IMPORT_DATA instead of IMPORT_TABLE.
   Just decided to record here what I did in case other people go through
the same problem. Some of it might sound stupid but I didn't know until I
found the error:
* table name in the IMPORT_DATA command needs to be in UPPERCASE LETTERS
(and if you decide to specify the column name it also need to be in
UPPERCASE);
* the date have to be YYYY-MM-DD;
* In case where you have a number in the excel's cell which will be uploaded
into a VARCHAR variable change the format of the cell to text. It worked for
me.
* A really "school-boy-error" I did: in the excel's cells which would upload
into my table's float and int variables I entered [NULL] thinking it would
transform it into the value "null", of course it didn't, the import take it
as string therefore it gives you an error message.
* and last, transform it into CSV file (if using Excel just SAVE AS into a
CSV). I couldn't upload direct from a xls file but it worked on the csv.

   I hope it helps someone in the future...