Am 18.11.2011 17:30, schrieb Spezifikum:
Hi,
i am quite sure that this question was already asked more than once, but i can't find valuable information.
I have a servlet using Apache Derby embedded as a DB backend and have to make daily backups. I can not shut down the entire DB or servlet, so my plan would be to lock the tables and do something like "select into outfile" if possible.
Is that a good idea?
I expect the database to grow by 50MB per Year, possibly less, but no more than 100MB. It is running on quite powerfull hardware (quad-core, 4GB RAM) and i have a several hours time to do a backup (from 2 to 5 o clock). So performance is not the problem but consistency.

Thanks a lot for any comments in advance
M. Müller
Sorry. I just found the relevant parts quite well documented in the administration guide. The best solution would be to build something around "SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE".

Thanks
M. Müller