db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Алексей Газукин <aleksej.gazu...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with sorting
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 08:43:06 GMT
Good day!
I have a question?
I use a database Derby and ran into this problem. I can normally sort the
values ​​of the database. In the database I'm using the Ukrainian language.
*My **query** looks like this "select * from TSOU.PUIPLE WHERE pgroup =5
and pyear=2011 order by SURNAME"*
after the query I get a table in the form (see attachment 1.png)
so looks correct (see attachment 2.png)
In MySQL the query is solved as follows  "*select * from TSOU.PUIPLE WHERE
pgroup =4 and pyear=2011 order by SURNAME **order by COLLATE
utf8_unicode_ci"*
I have tried to solve it this way, but results have not been
*"jdbc:derby:E:/myproject/jtsou/DB/TSOU;create=true;collation=TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY
"*
How can I make this query in Derby?

During the earlier grateful
--