db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject Got an error doing an online backup and don't know where to look
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:07:00 GMT
Got this error two nights in a row now while doing an online backup:

      [sql] Failed to execute:  CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE('/containe
r1/backup/database/2011-11-28_00-15')
      [sql] java.sql.SQLException: Cannot backup the database, got an I/O Except
ion while writing to the backup container file /container1/backup/database/2011-
11-28_00-15/csemdb/seg0/cf3a0.dat.

I run the online backup through an ANT SQL task.   The 'derby.log' does not show any errors,
the server system log (Oracle M5000/Solaris 10) shows no errors either.   I am stumped where
to look and any help will be greatly appreciated.