db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Bortnovskiy <pbortnovs...@jefferies.com>
Subject Date/Time Formatting
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:32:56 GMT
Hello:

Are there Derby built-in functions which can allow me to extract current date/time as integers
as:
Time HHmmss: 103152
Date yyyyMMdd:  20111108

I could get as far as:

                    cast(current_time as VARCHAR(8)),
                    cast(current_date as VARCHAR(10)),

but I was unable to find a function similar to str_replace in Sybase to remove “:” and
“-“

Thank you,
Pavel.

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of this email,
including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which
it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose
or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at
the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no liability
for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use by other than intended
recipients is prohibited. In the United Kingdom, Jefferies operates as Jefferies International
Limited; registered in England: no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames
Street, London EC4V 3BJ. Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority.