db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Error on CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:29:49 GMT
On 11/30/11 5:46 AM, mane_uk wrote:

>     And i have also tried using the IMPORT_DATA instead of IMPORT_TABLE but
> then it gives the following error message:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Import error on line 1 of
> file C:\dev\workspace\aaaatest\TRADEMANAGERXLHEAD_TRADELEG.csv: Invalid
> character string format for type INTEGER.
>
>     Again, the fields were created based on the content of the cells so it is
> correct. And I made sure to change the format of the cell to also correspond
> to the content. And, in view of the size of the spreadsheet (42k+ rows and
> 60+ columns) I can't really go row by row checking all the data.

Hi Emanuel,

You don't need to go through the entire data file. The error message is
telling you that the error is on the very first line of the data file.
The following script shows that import reports the line number in the
data file which is causing the problem:

connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:db;create=true';

create table t1( a int );
create table t2( a varchar( 10 ) );

insert into t2( a ) values ( '1' ), ( '2' ), ( 'horse' ), ( '4' );
call syscs_util.syscs_export_table (null, 'T2', 't2.dat', null, null, null);
truncate table t2;

-- fails on line 3 of the data file
call syscs_util.syscs_import_table(null, 'T1', 't2.dat', null, null,
null,0);

Hope this helps,
-Rick