db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Error unning call syscs_util command
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:10:56 GMT
On 11/25/11 2:07 AM, Emanuel Chiavegato wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I hav been given the task of exchanging our xls files with data used for test for
a better tool and I believe derby is the ideal db for this task.

>     I am using eclipse to handle this change, as the data needed for test is handled
by java written applications.

>     I have managed to create the tables i need and i use the derby nature of my project
to run a select on ij and it shows my empty table.

>     When i try to run the command:
> Call syscs_util.syscs_import_table(null,'tradeXl','tradexl.csv',',',null,null,0);
Hi Emanuel,

It is likely that you need to uppercase the second argument: 'TRADEX1'.
For system procedures, the table and schema name arguments are
case-sensitive strings. In most other usages, table names are SQL
identifiers, not strings, and SQL identifiers are uppercased by the
engine. The rules are described in the Reference Guide in the section
titled "SQL identifiers".

Hope this helps,
-Rick

> To import my excel data from a csv file into my derby db it comes up with the error message:
table 'app.tradexl' does no exist