db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject Does derby ned allways a rollback or commt?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:08:52 GMT
Hi,

I have an application using embedded derby (10.8.1.2). In the program I use a little routine
that ends with rollback, commit or nothing at all, by using a parameter.

In a certain mode I just do a select, so As far I concern I don't need to do neither rollback
nor commit, since it is just a select.

But I get then always an Exception:

Eine Verbindung kann nicht beendet werden, solange noch eine Transaktion aktiv ist.

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.checkForTransactionInProgress(Unknown
Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.close(Unknown Source)

That obviously is the code 25001

Even though I initialize all my prepared statements that also are inserts and updates, in
this mode only a select statement is used.

How come I get such a Exception. It seems that I have to commit or rollback always I quit
a derby program even though no change has occurred on particular database

Or is there something I should care about?

Equens SE

Malte Kempff

Core Applications/ Change Bulk Payments

Tel:      +49(0)69/58 99 93 - 60417

Fax:     +49(0)69/58 99 93 - 60290

mail to:Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com

Equens SE
Mainzer Landstraße 201
60326 Frankfurt
Germany
Tel: +49(0)69-589993-09
Fax: +49(0)69-589993-60300
Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB 84 429
http://www.equens.com <http://www.equens.com/>

info@de.equens.com <mailto:info@de.equens.com>

Vorstand: Michael Steinbach (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
Alessandro Baroni
Dr. Götz Möller
Jan Sonneveld
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Erik Dralans
Sitz: 3526 LB Utrecht, Niederlande, Eendrachtlaan 315, Handelskammer 3022.0519