Hi,
May be you should have read the doc before...
DOUBLE is 8 bytes and REAL is 4 bytes.

FLOAT depends of the precision you specified. Did you set a precision ?

<<The FLOAT data type is an alias for a REAL or DOUBLE PRECISION data type,
depending on the precision you specify.
The default precision for FLOAT is 53 and is equivalent to DOUBLE PRECISION. A
precision of 23 or less makes FLOAT equivalent to REAL. A precision of 24 or greater
makes FLOAT equivalent to DOUBLE PRECISION. If you specify a precision of 0, you
get an error. If you specify a negative precision, you get a syntax error.>>