db-derby-user mailing list archives

From sreedish <sreedis...@gmail.com>
Subject Statistics are not capturing in XPLAIN- only mode
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:13:35 GMT

The information about query execution plan is not getting captured in
sysxplain_* tables in the XPLAIN-only mode . But the statistics are captured
perfectly if the queries are executed . I need to get the query execution
plan without actually executing it . Please help .

Error shown when I give a query in XPLAIN-only mode is

select * from physicsmarks where P_Id = 34567 ;
ERROR XCL16: ResultSet not open. Operation 'getMetaData' not permitted.
Verify that autocommit is OFF.

I tried with autocommit OFF , but still giving same results . The
sysxaplain_* tables are empty after this . Please help .