db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: derby's CREATE SEQUENCE statement
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:10:24 GMT
john netzel <john1netzel@gmail.com> writes:

> From what I see, the sequence statements count every time
> a prepared statement that has squence impeded in it, is built.  It
> would be nice if this was in the Derby Reference Manual.

Hi John,

I don't think the sequences are intended to be incremented each time a
statement is prepared, so you may have come across a bug. It would be
great if you could file a bug at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY and post the steps needed to
reproduce the behaviour you're seeing.

For the record, I ran a simple test in my environment by executing
"create sequence s" and then compiling the statement "values next value
for s" repeatedly without seeing that the value of the sequence changed.

Thanks,
--
Knut Anders