db-derby-user mailing list archives

From José Ventura <st.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move from embedded to network server
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:36:11 GMT
That's about right.

I usually specify the directory I want by opening a command prompt in the
parent directory. For example, if the files are located in
C:/derby/databases/mydb, then I open a prompt in C:/derby/databases and
issue the start command from there. There are probably other ways to do it,
check the documentation.

In the above example, the URL you would use (both in Director and other
clients) would be "jdbc:derby://host:port/mydb" (note the database name,
which is the name of a subdirectory where derby was started).

Hope that helps.