db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Matt Pouttu-Clarke <Matt.Pouttu-Cla...@icrossing.com>
Subject Re: new feature request of Derby
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:01:39 GMT
Something as simple as using the buffer cache with a "NOCACHE" query hint
would probably work.  However, I do not see a NOCACHE hint in Derby, but it
would be nice to have one...

On 9/1/11 5:55 AM, "Rick Hillegas" <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Clark,
>
> Derby does not have this feature. You might try putting your big tables
> in a separate, on-disk Derby database and select from them using
> restricted table functions. See the ForeignTableVTI attached to
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Rick
>
> On 9/1/11 5:33 AM, 鲍少明 wrote:
>> I mean if one table holds a lot of data, then it cannot be all in memory.
>> the latest version of hsql of its memory mode allows only keep like 8M
>> data in memory but others
>> be kept in disk. This feature looks very useful.
>>
>> 2011/9/1 鲍少明 <iokerica@gmail.com <mailto:iokerica@gmail.com>>
>>
>>     Hi Guys,
>>     Is there any feature in Derby in its memory mode like Cache table
>>     in hsql?
>>     I find this feature very important to us , especially there is
>>     some table which holds a lot of table,
>>     not suitable to be a pure memory table. But I want to still keep
>>     the other tables in memory mode.
>>     Is that possible?
>>     Thanks,
>>     Clark

iCrossing Privileged and Confidential Information
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information of iCrossing. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email