db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Move from embedded to network server
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:43:33 GMT
On 12.09.11 11:21, johny_quest wrote:

> Ok, lets see if I got you correctly:
>
> I stop IBM Director.
> I start the Derby Network Server giving it the database directory as home
> (is this done within the start command?)
> I then reconfigure IBM Director to connect with the network mode url (not
> the embedded) and the new port number (because I set the Network server to
> listen on port 1528).
>
> I should then be able to connect simultaniously from more than one clients,
> right?

Yes.

There is also another option;
Let IBM Director connect to Derby using the embedded driver and have it
in addition start the network server. This can be done by setting a
system property.

The advantages of the embedded server scenario above would be that the
"main application" can connect using the embedded driver, and that the
network server will live and die with the main application.
I don't know if this is something you want, but thought I'd mention the
possibility.

Regards,
--
Kristian