db-derby-user mailing list archives

From johny_quest <ivan_be...@yahoo.com>
Subject Move from embedded to network server
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:02:01 GMT

Hello guys,
I have the following situation, that I have tried to solve for a couple of
week but I can't seem to get it working.
Here is the deal.

I have a derby database that is running in embedded mode as a part of an
application (IBM Director software runs Apache Derby database by default).

What I have to do, is to connect another type of software to that database
using ODBC connector.

First I read about the fact, that only one connection is possibla at a time.
I tried to connect to the database with razorSQL just to see if I can
connect, but the error is:

DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE:
-1, SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLERRMC: Failed to start database 'c:/Program
Files/IBM/Director/database' with class loader
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7,
see the next exception
for details.::SQLSTATE: XSDB6Another instance of Derby may
have already booted the database C:\Program Files\IBM\Director\database.

After that I installed a new apache derby and set it in network mode. I had
to change the port to 1528 because obviously the other instance is listening
on 1527. Using the new setting I managed to connect to the server, create
database and tables etc. - it is working, but I still cannot connect to the
needed database. The error is the same.

Please, can someone suggest a solution for this problem.
I will be very grateful.