db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Kroeker <raykroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't Load Embedded Driver
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:55:09 GMT
Hi Roy,

The fqcn, is the fully qualified class name of the driver.  So in your
code you're using the driver manager to grab a connection; however I
don't see a reference to loading the driver:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/embedded_intro.html#embedded_driver

Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver").newInstance();

Raymond

Raymond Kroeker