db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Carlos de Luna Saenz <CL...@mail.scjn.gob.mx>
Subject Is there a way to make tmp files point to the user's tmp dir?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 17:41:27 GMT
I want the variable of derby.storage.tempDirectory (for a embedded application) to pint to
a user tmp file, but I found this variable is static... I understand that means It has to
be written in the ┬┐service.property file on de DB directory? And how I can add the "environment
variable" there?

Thanks in advance  for your time and response

derby.storage.tempDirectory

Function

Defines the location on disk for temporary file space needed by Derby for performing large
sorts and deferred deletes and updates. (Temporary files are automatically deleted after use,
and are removed when the database restarts after a crash.) The temporary directory named by
this property will be created if it does not exist, but will not be deleted when the system
shuts down. The path name specified by this property must have file separators that are appropriate
to the current operating system.

This property allows databases located on read-only media to write temporary files to a writable
location. If this property is not set, databases located on read-only media might get an error
like the following:

ERROR XSDF1: Exception during creation of file  c:\databases\db\tmp\T887256591756.tmp

for container

ERROR XJ001: Java exception:

'a:\databases\db\tmp\T887256591756.tmp: java.io.IOException'.

This property moves the temporary directories for all databases being used by the Derby system.
Derby makes temporary directories for each database under the directory referenced by this
property. For example, if the property is set as follows:

derby.storage.tempDirectory=C:/Temp/dbtemp