db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Derby (in-memory) and Hibernate
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:16:49 GMT
On 31.08.11 04:08, Pavel Bortnovskiy wrote:
> Are there any issues in using Derby (in-memory only mode) with Hibernate?
> Is it fully supported?

Hi Pavel,

I'm not aware of any, but I'm not using Hibernate a lot. Maybe someone
else has experience with this, or perhaps you could ask on a Hibernate
forum?

As for the in-memory functionality in Derby, basically the only thing
that differs from the on-disk functionality is the low level store -
data is kept in memory instead of being written to disk. Very few
changes were made to the layers above (but handling of the URL
subsubprotocol had to be implemented, for instance).

Regards,
--
Kristian