db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Bug report for Apache Derby 10.4.x and onwards
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:06:39 GMT
Hello,

ON UPDATE CASCADE is not supported for REFERENCES clauses. If you follow
these links in the Reference Guide...

CREATE TABLE -> column-definition -> Column-level-constraint ->
REFERENCES clause

...you will find the following syntax description:

REFERENCES table-Name [ ( Simple-column-Name [ , Simple-column-Name ]* ) ]
[ ON DELETE {NO ACTION | RESTRICT | CASCADE | SET NULL}]
    [ ON UPDATE {NO ACTION | RESTRICT }]

[ ON UPDATE {NO ACTION | RESTRICT }] [ ON DELETE
    {NO ACTION | RESTRICT | CASCADE | SET NULL}]

Hope this helps,
-Rick