db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <dag.wan...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Can't Load Embedded Driver
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:58:06 GMT
On 07.08.2011 18:54, Roy.Minet@comcast.net wrote:

> I have been happily using Derby for two years within IntelliJ Idea,
> but have now hit a wall trying to deploy the application I developed.
> I have tried setting the path to derby.jar on the command line and/or
> in the CLASSPATH environment variable to no avail.  The embedded
> driver doesn't load; the error message is, "No suitable driver found
> for jdbc:derby:EMDatabase;create=true".  I'm under Windows XP Pro.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Roy Minet

YOu can try to add Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver")
in the app before trying to connect, unless you have a recent Derby
version in which case it shoul dnot be needed. Autoloading of the driver
was introduced in Derby 10.2.
If you have a Derby version newer that 10.2, it sounds like a CLASSPATH
issue.

If you run this command with the same classpath as you app, what do you see?

 > java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo

It should the jar versions found on the classpath.

Dag