db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Spezifikum <i...@spezifikum.com>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException when deploying with apache tomcat => where to put the jar?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:13:32 GMT
Am 07.08.2011 22:25, schrieb Spezifikum:
> Hi
> i am using apache derby with netbeans succesfully. Local applications
> run as excpeted, but when i try to create a servlet i always get the
> error that the driver could not be loaded together with a
> ClassNotFoundException, which afaik means that the library could not
> be found.
> I tried to put it in:
> tomcat-7.0.19/lib, webapps/MyApp, webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/lib,
> webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/classes
> with no success.
> What am i doing wrong? Could anybody please help me?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Malte

Aaargh!
<banging my head on the table>
After many trials with different tomcats and lots of reading, i just
checked once more the jar i use. I included the wrong file i.e.
derbynet. When I instead use derby.jar everything works just fine.
This might help others who are just as - well ok, you know what i mean.

Malte