db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: derby.storage.tempDirectory
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:31:04 GMT
Hi Carlos,

You could also set the property in derby.properties or on the command
line when you boot the VM or via the
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY procedure. However, since you
want to tie the value to the value of java.io.tmpdir, what you are doing
looks right to me.

Not sure why you are concerned about the service.properties control
file. In general, it is a bad idea to edit that file.

Hope this helps,
-Rick