db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: custom metadata
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:58:17 GMT
On 7/30/11 2:36 PM, Patrick wrote:
> I have an application that creates tables in a derby database. Some of
> the tables contain specific variables (i.e. predetermined column
> names) and, therefore, are of a certain "type". Some functions in the
> application only work with some "types" of tables. Is there a way to
> use metadata to identify which "type" of table a user has selected?
>
> Thanks

Hi Patrick,

Derby doesn't provide a mechanism to tag a table with extra metadata.
Some databases allow you to tag schema objects with comments. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4379. If that would solve
your problem, you may want to add a comment to that issue. You may also
want to vote for DERBY-4379 in order to boost its chances of being
addressed.

Hope this helps,
-Rick