db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Roy.Mi...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Can't Load Embedded Driver
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:47:08 GMT

I do not know what an "fqcn" is.  I am running the latest Derby release, 10.8.1.2.  The
code pasted in below works great  in the dev environment (IntelliJ Idea), but the same code
packaged in a jar cannot find the driver with CLASSPATH set correctly.

   public static Connection getConnection()
   {
      Connection c = null;
      try
      {             // The connectionURL is "jdbc:derby:EMDatabase;create=true
"
         c = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL);
         c.setAutoCommit(false);
      }
      catch (Throwable e)
      {
         log(3, "Unable to connect to " + dbName + ":  " + e.getMessage());
         stopDBMS();
         System.exit(3);
      }
      return c;