db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hill <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: metadata / getClientInfo()
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:25:24 GMT
okay - true.
I was however wondering and wanted to test whether I could replace a
potentially in terms of performace more costly JDBC statement definition
and result set processing of a 'select session_user from sysibm.sysdummy1'
 by an assumed less costly request of a property from a connection object
I have  at hand anway?
Even if this would turn out to not be better in terms of performance, I
think I would still like to understand how this getClientInfo() works.
When using SQuirreL I can see a lot of connection properties / metadata
displayed under their 'metadata' tab that I would suspect they are getting
via such mechanisms.
In the derby docs I am afraid one hardly finds details on the subject.
Thanks Thomas