db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McFall <mcf...@hope.edu>
Subject getMajorVersionNumber returning -1
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:12:12 GMT
I am using Derby with Hibernate, and am trying to get Hibernate to use
sequences for its identifier generation strategy.

When the DerbyDialect class is asked whether it supports sequences, it is
returning false.  Digging through the source indicates that this is because
the call to getMajorVersionNumber and getMinorVersionNumber are returning
-1.

I'm not sure why this is happening - I've taken a look at the derby source,
and am not sure why this might happen.  Does anyone know what might cause
this?

Thanks for pointers - it seems this used to work but doesn't now.  I think
it might have something to do with the JAR files I have on my classpath,
based on a comment in the derby sources, but I don't see anything amiss.  I
have derbyclient on the classpath, and I'm pretty sure the driver is version
10.7.

Ryan

--
Ryan McFall