db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brett Wooldridge <brett.wooldri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing-urgent
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 07:27:56 GMT
Sorry I wasn't clearer.  A thead dump is a snapshot of all running
threads in the system, not a stacktrace of failures.

You can generate a threaddump on Windows by running your server from
the command line, and when the hang occurs during backup, pressing
CTRL-Break (CTRL key and Break key at the same time).  This will
produce a threaddump in your console (cmd.exe) window.  Copy/paste the
threaddump somewhere we can take a look at it.

If you are on Linux, you can produce a threaddump by sending the
process a QUIT signal:

kill -QUIT process_id

Regards,
Brett

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM, dvijender <vijender.devakari@db.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike, Brett,
>
> Attached thread dump. Here the database size is 20 GB.
>

> Brett Wooldridge-2 wrote:
>>
>> Do you have a thread dump during the hang?  What
>> OS are you running on?
>>
>> Brett
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jun 7, 2011, at 16:38, Vijender Devakari <vijender.devakari@db.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you respond to this as this is very urgent.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Vijender D,
>> Deutsche Bank
>> Ph: +65 6423 8530
>> Mobile: +65 94517994

>> This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of [HCL].
>> Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der [HCL] ubermittelt
>>
>> <graycol.gif>Vijender Devakari/ext/dbcom
>>

>>     *Vijender Devakari/ext/dbcom*
>>
>>             06/03/2011 04:28 PM
>>
>>  <ecblank.gif>
>> <ecblank.gif>
>> derby-user@db.apache.org <ecblank.gif>
>> cc
>> <ecblank.gif>
>>  <ecblank.gif>
>> Subject
>> <ecblank.gif>
>> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE failing  <ecblank.gif><ecblank.gif>
 Hi