db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Feedback derby_downloads.html
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:40:42 GMT
On 06.06.11 11:36, Richter, Tania wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are using Derby 10.8.1.2 in our project. Now we have problems that
> are already reported in issue Derby-5098. As we can see this issue is
> fixed, but there is no official release right now (10.8.1.3 is supposed
> to come out mid September). Is there a possibility to get a pre-release
> or is the only possibility to get the source code and create it on our own?

Hi Tania,

You can always try to convince one of the committers to drive the
release process for you, but since 10.8.2 has already been planned I
suspect you'll get your hands on the fix quicker by building head of
10.8 yourself.
When I checked earlier today, there had been 18 commits on the 10.8
branch since 10.8.1 was released. You could also start with the 10.8.1.2
code base and apply only the fix you need to minimize risk.

Depending on your needs and requirements, one of these might help:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SnapshotsAndQuickBuilds (see "Making a
(private) Quick Build of Release Artifacts")
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease

Of course, the risk of problems is higher when you build your own
release, since the bits haven't been tested and vetted by the community.

Maybe there are other users on the list that can share their experiences
with rolling their own builds?

Regards,
--
Kristian